LINUX VLC SETUP TUTORIAL
This tutorial will guide you through the simple setup instructions for viewing IPTV on a Linux based computer.
VLC Player Setup
- Download and Install VLC Player from Videolan.org
- Run VLC Player and click onto ‘File’ -> ‘Open Network..’.
- Paste your USmart IPTV m3u URL into the address bar, then click onto ‘Play’
- In order to view the full channel list click onto ‘Preferences’ then uncheck ‘Show video in main window’. This will display the playlist in the main window and the video in a new window.
- In order to simplify future viewing, you should also save the playlist URL to a file. To do this, click onto ‘File’ -> ‘Save Playlist’ and save your USmart IPTV playlist to a safe location (such as documents) in Extended M3U file format.
Watching Live TV after initial setup
- Run VLC Player -> Click onto ‘File’ -> ‘Open File’ or ‘Open Recent’.
- Select your USmart IPTV m3u file.
- Wait for the playlist to load, this can take a few seconds.
Troubleshooting Live TV
If you have any problems viewing IPTV please follow this recommended fix.
- Flush your DNS. In Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint, open ‘Terminal’ then enter: sudo /etc/init.d/dns-clean start
- Reboot Linux and your Router.
If you notice the stream has pixellation or a grey screen please try the following
- tools > preferences > all > input/codecs > set ‘file caching’ to 6000ms
- tools > preferences > simple > video > uncheck ‘accelerated video output (overlay)’